Plantation Shutters are commonly associated with older, more traditional-style homes, offering an elegance unrivalled by other types of window covering. However, with the increasing popularity of conservatories, glass extensions and sun rooms, they are fast-becoming a staple in modern homes due to the benefits they provide.
So you’ve finally got the conservatory that you’ve been dreaming about! Now you can enjoy the great outdoors without leaving your home comforts behind. But first, there are some practicalities to address. Which window coverings will look the part whilst keeping the space cool and comfortable all year round? These ideas for conservatory window coverings will take you a step in the right direction. Continue reading Top Tips and Ideas for Conservatory Window Coverings
In recent years, many have opted to renovate and improve their current homes instead of trying to sell and buy new ones. For this reason conservatories have become increasingly popular, as have conservatory shutters which will no doubt add an element of style to complete the look. Continue reading The Stylish Appeal of Conservatory Shutters
Choosing plantation shutters for your conservatory is not only a more stylish option, but will also help add a sense of security and control like no other type of window covering can. And although they are often considered to be the more traditional choice, they are quickly making a trendy comeback.
In fact, conservatory shutters have become one of the most popular choices of window dressings as a result of the wide range of benefits that they offer;
– Unlike other fabric based options such as curtains and blinds, shutters will not sag or fade.
– Shutters are quicker and easier to clean and will keep their appearance for a longer period of time with little maintenance.
-Shutters don’t harbour dust the same way that curtains do and are therefore a better option for those who suffer from any dust related allergies.
-Shutters can be made to fit all window shapes including the most awkward ones as they are specially made to fit.
-Shutters make a room look more spacious and tidy and can even be mounted on tracking to be tidily slid away when not in use.
– Shutters come in a wide selection of colours and styles to suit both your individual taste and interior decor.
– As well providing the perfect window covering, plantation shutters can be used to create a partitioning in your conservatory as well as a more modern version of internal multi-folding doors.
– Shutters offer the perfect combination of light, ventilation and privacy, giving you complete control over how open or closed you would like them to appear to the outside world.
– Good quality shutters can add value to a home by making it look more visually appealing to potential buyers.
– In the same way that shutters add an additional layer of glazing to your conservatory when it’s cold, they can keep it cool when it’s warm.
– Shutters are easy to operate and are also available in a contemporary electronic option which will allows you to control them via the use of a remote control.
Discover the benefits of plantation conservatory shutters with a unique choice of superior quality, handcrafted shutters from Shutter Design. Our experts will design, supply and fit your shutters which are available in a wide range of colours and finishes. To arrange a free consultation or to find out more information contact us today or visit our website.
Conservatory Shutters were originally designed to help protect homes against the natural elements. Now however they are used to help enhance the overall look and feel of homes and our windows. If you are looking for the best window dressing solution for your conservatory, here are a few reasons why shutters are the best choice; Continue reading 5 Reasons to Choose Conservatory Shutters for Your Home