Plantation shutters are not only beautiful on the exterior of a home, but they are also great as interior window dressings. Interior shutters have a number of practical uses and, if chosen properly, can complement the décor of a room and become aesthetically pleasing features. Continue reading How Plantation Shutters Can Complement the Interior of a Room
Everyone wants to create a home that is beautiful to look at and comfortable to live in. This is one of the main reasons why over recent years traditional louvre shutters have become a popular design feature in modern homes by lending an historical luxuriousness to any room design.
Their functionality and flair also make them the ideal choice for renovation projects and can even help add to the resale value of a house. However, although there’s no doubt that louvered shutters are elegant to look at, what many people don’t know is that they also offer a variety of other benefits to homes around the world, both inside and out.
Here are some of the other unique advantages of opting for internal louvre shutters in your home;
- They can help with insulation by keeping the heat in when it’s cold outside.
- The exceptional design of louvre shutters give home owners control of how much light they let into their homes.
- These types of shutters can also lend a hand when it comes to keeping outside noise to a minimum inside the house.
- Wooden louvre shutters are more environmentally friendly than their synthetic material counterparts as they are made from natural products.
- Because louvre shutters are available in so many various colours they can easily be used to enhance the appearance of any room design.
Like the internal version, external louvre shutters are the smarter option when it comes to the exterior of a house. Besides just adding a vintage feel, outdoor wooden louvre shutters have a reliable reputation for being long lasting and naturally durable against elements such as sun, wind and rain. Western red Cedar and Siberian Larch are two of the most popular choices of wood to be used for external shutters as they are extremely resistant to decay and require very little maintenance.
Shutter Design is a family owned business with a combined 20 years experience in the design, cabinet making and window covering industry. The company is well-known throughout Yorkshire for their high quality range of louvre shutters which they can make to fit and professionally install. For all your internal and external shutter solutions, visit their website today to view their selection of UK louvre shutters.