With such a wide range of plantation shutter styles on the market, it can be difficult to decide which kind to choose. Our buyer’s guide will help you select the right style for your home. Continue reading Plantation Shutter Styles: A Buyer’s Guide
Solid window shutters have become much sought after these days, particularly in the UK. This is most likely due to the fact that their stylish appearance can add an element of elegance to the inside and outside of any home.
Solid shutters were originally fitted to the interiors of large houses during the Victorian era, a style that is still extremely popular in this day and age. In fact, many people seek out houses from this area specifically with the view to restore them and their original features. More modern homes also often feature slight hints of traditional features; making solid window shutters a popular choice for both new builds and period properties alike.
Here are some of the key benefits to choosing solid shutters for windows for your home:
- Solid shutters provide added security to the home and have also been known to put off potential intruders as they cannot see inside.
- The unique design allows for the ultimate control of light filtration and will even create almost complete darkness when closed making them ideal for bedroom use.
- Solid shutters help to reduce noise pollution in the home and can help reduce the noise of passing traffic or noisy neighbours.
- The authentic appearance of these shutters can add an element of tradition to a home making them the ideal choice for restoration projects.
- Because the shutters are fitted in a similar way to louvre shutters they are often used for folding or concertina tracked partitions and make equally good, light folding doors.
The shutters are available in two options; solid raised and solid base/louvre top. The solid raised version consists of thick panels and stiles which are ideal for light filtration and ensuring a goodnight’s sleep. The solid base option however is more suitable for sliding partitions and French windows.
Shutter Design is a family run Yorkshire business offering a complete shutter service from the supplying to the installation of shutters. They have a high quality range of solid window shutters available in a unique selection of stylish designs and colours. For more information on their shutters and services, visit their website.