Wooden window shutters are improving the appearance of homes throughout the UK. Featuring stylish, versatile and durable designs with custom fitted solutions, wooden shutters are guaranteed to complement the décor of your home.
Plantation shutters can be made to fit virtually any type of window: casement, sash, tilt and turn, slider… the list goes on. They can even be fitted to non-quadrilateral shaped windows, including round, arched, triangular, hexagonal and octagonal frames, and many others besides. This 5-minute guide will take you through the various plantation shutter frame types to help you decide which one would be the best match for your windows. Continue reading Choosing the Right Plantation Shutter for a Window Frame
Choosing plantation shutters for your conservatory is not only a more stylish option, but will also help add a sense of security and control like no other type of window covering can. And although they are often considered to be the more traditional choice, they are quickly making a trendy comeback.
In fact, conservatory shutters have become one of the most popular choices of window dressings as a result of the wide range of benefits that they offer;
– Unlike other fabric based options such as curtains and blinds, shutters will not sag or fade.
– Shutters are quicker and easier to clean and will keep their appearance for a longer period of time with little maintenance.
-Shutters don’t harbour dust the same way that curtains do and are therefore a better option for those who suffer from any dust related allergies.
-Shutters can be made to fit all window shapes including the most awkward ones as they are specially made to fit.
-Shutters make a room look more spacious and tidy and can even be mounted on tracking to be tidily slid away when not in use.
– Shutters come in a wide selection of colours and styles to suit both your individual taste and interior decor.
– As well providing the perfect window covering, plantation shutters can be used to create a partitioning in your conservatory as well as a more modern version of internal multi-folding doors.
– Shutters offer the perfect combination of light, ventilation and privacy, giving you complete control over how open or closed you would like them to appear to the outside world.
– Good quality shutters can add value to a home by making it look more visually appealing to potential buyers.
– In the same way that shutters add an additional layer of glazing to your conservatory when it’s cold, they can keep it cool when it’s warm.
– Shutters are easy to operate and are also available in a contemporary electronic option which will allows you to control them via the use of a remote control.
Discover the benefits of plantation conservatory shutters with a unique choice of superior quality, handcrafted shutters from Shutter Design. Our experts will design, supply and fit your shutters which are available in a wide range of colours and finishes. To arrange a free consultation or to find out more information contact us today or visit our website.